The Alterran Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode Four (4)

Go down

Episode Four (4) Empty Episode Four (4)

Post by Luke Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:26 pm

Episode Four (4) Snapshot_b94cd322_9ac877ed

Jo: Hello and after our short break, we’re back!
Eddie: That’s right Jo, back for the second part of this series.
Arthur: Which means that sadly we’ve only got two episodes remaining…
Jo: Yeah but guess what! We’ve got a new studio to enjoy!
Eddie: And not only that but someone who we’d like to introduce you to!
Arthur: Yeah! That’s right.

Episode Four (4) Snapshot_b94cd322_1ac87800

Rhys: Yeah, that’s right. Because sadly, I will leave before Series 4, as I’ve been offered a job in Azaria that I cannot refuse, to present the UABC Song Festival! So I’d like to introduce you to someone who’s going to be taking my part of the show from now on. Here she is.

Episode Four (4) Snapshot_b94cd322_5ac87813

Tanya: Yeah, hello guys I’m Tanya Parkinson and I’ll be hosting our guest part of the show as Rhys sadly won’t be much longer with us. Now with us having a new studio, we’ve got a new track.

Episode Four (4) Snapshot_b94cd322_5ac87691

Tanya: Indeed, this year’s studio is very special. Downstairs is the indoor test track, and upstairs is the studio come living area. These guys planned on something unusual so we’ve got a kitchen and this is like our very own seating area.

Episode Four (4) Snapshot_b94cd322_bac899dc

Episode Four (4) Snapshot_b94cd322_7ac876a6

Tanya: So with a new track, it’s only fair to wipe our leader board clean. We considered this, as we’re starting again, wouldn’t it be good to get a new car? To decide this, Rhys and I visited our indoor test track earlier this week.

Episode Four (4) Snapshot_b94cd322_bac87ace

Rhys: Last time out we had the Dover Seurope. A good, Denevian family car. However, it may have been a great car but posted terribly slow lap times compared to other cars that lapped the track. It wasn’t exactly what you’d call lightweight. Fortunately, my knowledge on cars is improving so I was sent out earlier in the week, to choose a nice car, that’s of a similar budget to the Seurope, that is much quicker, and faster through the corners. Then I was told to come here for some reason…

Episode Four (4) Snapshot_b94cd322_fac87b21

Rhys: Well I’ve chosen this. The Lamell Mira, which is in fact Azarian.

Episode Four (4) Snapshot_b94cd322_fac87ad7

Rhys: Alright, it’s not as powerful as the Seurope, and has a slightly slower top speed. But with our new track which is full of twist and turns, it may pull the job off if it has the nippiness in the corners and rather good acceleration compared to our previous car.

Episode Four (4) Snapshot_b94cd322_1ac87d06

Tanya: And so I’ve came here as well, in the old Seurope to compare it with Rhys’ petty little Azarian supermini.

Episode Four (4) Snapshot_b94cd322_bac88590

Rhys: Woah oh, hang on. Is this all part of some plan?
Tanya: Apparently we have to race them to determine whether the Seurope still deserves to be our car in which celebrities will drive in.
Rhys: Ok then, I’ll give it a go.

Episode Four (4) Snapshot_b94cd322_5ac88300

Tanya: That’s great!
Rhys: May the best man win!
Tanya: Woman, Rhys, woman.

Episode Four (4) Snapshot_b94cd322_dac87f04

Tanya: Let my inner competiveness rage out of me.
Rhys: I’m gonna whoop you woman like a… well, I don’t know. Let’s just win this bloody thing!
Tanya: 3…
Rhys: 2…
Tanya: 1…
Rhys: And away we go!
Tanya: Oh yes I’ve got a good start!
Rhys: Bugger she’s away!
Tanya: Ah no he’s coming back at me!
Rhys: We’re neck and neck!

Episode Four (4) Snapshot_b94cd322_3ac87666

Cameraman: Guys, what’s going on?

Episode Four (4) Snapshot_b94cd322_9ac877e0

Eddie: Hellfire guys! What’s up with it?
Rhys: Oh bugger, the tape must be frozen.
Tanya: Well what was basically happening there…
Arthur: Tanya, please don’t spill the beans. Our technical crew will get it working in no time! Even though our technical crew aren’t exactly professionals… they’re bound to fix it!?

Episode Four (4) Snapshot_b94cd322_dac87f04

Eddie: It’s back on!
Rhys: Let’s watch!

Episode Four (4) Snapshot_b94cd322_3ac87f2f

Tanya: Oh yes I’ve got a good start!
Rhys: Bugger she’s away!
Tanya: Ah no he’s coming back at me!
Rhys: We’re neck and neck!

Episode Four (4) Snapshot_b94cd322_5ac87f7c

Tanya: Oh no!
Rhys: I’ve got the lead!

Episode Four (4) Snapshot_b94cd322_3ac88091

Tanya: No! Don’t!
Rhys: Aha she’s span out! Victory is the Mira’s!

Episode Four (4) Snapshot_b94cd322_5ac88632

Arthur: Ouch I’ve cut my finger…

Episode Four (4) Snapshot_b94cd322_5ac88656

Arthur: Sorry it’s a bit burnt guys… gather around.

Episode Four (4) Snapshot_b94cd322_9ac886a1

Jo: So Rhys, you clearly won that, the Mira is our new car!
Rhys: Yep!
Eddie: I hope we don’t destroy the Seurope…
Arthur: We should display it somewhere.
Tanya: The Seurope is so slow and tricky in sharp corners like that though. It’s a good job that happened although I didn’t think of winning once Rhys took the lead, anyway.
Eddie: It is indeed our first lap as well round our new track! So Rhys, as you’re not going to be around on Sim Gear for much longer, you become our first name to go onto our leaderboard, in the new feature of the show we will call ‘Stars in a Mira’.
Jo: Yeah, that’s right – because you did it in 1 minute and 03 seconds!
Rhys: Woo! I’ve set the benchmark!

Episode Four (4) Snapshot_b94cd322_5ac886ad

Jo: And next episode, another star will visit our new track trying to get a good lap on our leaderboard.
Eddie: Next week?
Tanya: That’s my job too!
Jo: Anyway, I think it’s time Arthur spoke.

Episode Four (4) Snapshot_b94cd322_5ac8998f

Arthur: Indeed and thank you very much Joseph. Now this next feature of the show is pretty special. The Maulinians enjoy delivering what cars we love. If it’s a Lelion, or a Sanders… they all have their ups and downs but both produce great cars. But then there’s a car that many people have never heard of, and no it’s not a Maulinian car of the future, it might have been around before you was even born. Prepare to discover the past and let me take you for a History lesson, down at the Sim Gear test track.

Episode Four (4) Snapshot_b94cd322_bac88735

Arthur: This is it.

Episode Four (4) Snapshot_b94cd322_9ac887a3

Arthur: The 1977 Ferdinand-Duroc Thalassa. The brand owned by Maulinian Wilfred Berroso, Berroso wanted his car to compete with luxury brands such as Montgomery, Cermeydes, VEB SNA and Escudo. He wanted to make something out of his own brand, make it be successful. They started out re-badging Sanders & Montargute cars into luxury versions, which became a farce.

Episode Four (4) Snapshot_b94cd322_1ac88a2a

Arthur: This car produces 140bhp from a 2-litre Heaveola-MCC engine, not exactly what you’d call fast. The Suarez Thalassa produced 156bhp from a 2.2 litre injection engine from the Lamell Dinamo, and so did the Lelion Thalassa. So the Thalassa wasn’t as fast as its rivals we could say.

Episode Four (4) Snapshot_b94cd322_5ac89837

Arthur: Next what we will do is drive the car into a corner of the track, and then compare it with a rival car such as the Dover Meriteer Mk2, which is of a similar size to the Thalassa, they’re both very large cars.

Episode Four (4) Snapshot_b94cd322_7ac888bb

Arthur: First, the Thalassa. So in we go.

Episode Four (4) Snapshot_b94cd322_5ac888e9

Arthur: And out we go, backwards. The car’s just not controllable. It’s pretty awful compared to what we at Sim Gear are used to. I’m ashamed.

Episode Four (4) Snapshot_b94cd322_3ac88b2e

Arthur: Now it’s the Meriteer’s turn. Let’s see how it goes.

Episode Four (4) Snapshot_b94cd322_bac89597

Arthur: It seems good so far!

Episode Four (4) Snapshot_b94cd322_fac895a2

Arthur: It’s gone all wrong! Oh no! No, as a matter of fact it took that corner beautifully. Bring on the next test.

Episode Four (4) Snapshot_b94cd322_3ac89755

Arthur: And now I’m going to see how it copes in a one-lap race against the BNB Gaheris around our test track. So, here it goes.

Episode Four (4) Snapshot_b94cd322_5ac89793

Arthur: Ah! You see again, it’s uncontrollable in the turns. It seems to suffer from catastrophic oversteer. Woah hang on!

Episode Four (4) Snapshot_b94cd322_3ac89808

Arthur: Bugger almighty! That was a big knock.

Episode Four (4) Snapshot_b94cd322_9ac89857

Arthur: Well there we have it. The car had some potential, if it wasn’t for it illegally using the platform of the Heaveola Quasar, which was a reason why we don’t see Fer-Duroc cars anymore. Bye-bye Thalassa, bye-bye.

Episode Four (4) Snapshot_b94cd322_dac89ab5

Tanya: So what did we think to the Thalassa then guys?
Arthur: Well it wasn’t such a bad car, it just suffered from catastrophic oversteer, but the brand itself was a total flop due to many reasons. It is indeed one of the most infamous stunts performed by any man who works in the automotive industry. Such a big mistake.
Eddie: Indeed, well its been a great day guys?
Jo: It well and truly has. Next episode shall be great as well! We’ll be interviewing Zeno Reno, one of the greatest car designers ever!
Arthur: Indeed we will.

Episode Four (4) Snapshot_b94cd322_1ac899fd

Eddie: So that’s it for today. Join us next week for that special episode where we will also have a new guest! Goodbye!
Luke
Luke

https://vintagehaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down