The Alterran Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2)

Go down

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Empty Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2)

Post by Luke Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:23 pm

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_1d1330ee_bd1b1e77

Wayne: What a fucking useless conspiracy. I struggle to think how you kept them hidden from the public for so many years. You got bored of the police, Ian?
Ian: No...
Wayne: You used your detectives... you wanted to clear your team out. Filter all those men you didn't need out of everything completely. It just goes to show how much of a lasting effect drugs have hey!? They ruin lifes concerning bodies, not to mention they ruin lifes by being the producer of a whole crime ring that spiralled this city into chaos.
Ian: You should have never had the drugs in the first place.
Wayne: We're the biggest crime ring in this city, friend. Why shouldn't we!?
Ian: Not for longer...!
Wayne: I don't think so, they won't have you to vouch with much longer... they must have used you. It's the only way they could get anywhere. Bravo for getting it off the ground, somehow... but The Blackjacks won't be around much longer. The Del Bosque gang will dance on each and every one of your graves, you sick bastards.
Ian: ...
Duncan: Got anything to say in your defense, hey?
Wayne: No. This prick killed Herbert Major. He used him, just like he used everyone else. You really are a DISGRACE. Did you seriously have anything better to do with your life? Words cannot honestly not decribe how much I hate you right now...

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_1d1330ee_9d1b1e83

Wayne: ... and now you dumb fuck... you're going to pay for it.

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_1d1330ee_dd1b1eec

Rod: Look, they're over there!
Chris: You pull that trigger and a whole lot of things will happen of which you will wish would have NEVER, EVER happened, Barker!

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_1d1330ee_bd1b1ef7

Wayne: Goodbye, you sick old bastard...

(Gunshots)

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_1d1330ee_1d1b1f86

Chris: AGH! FUCK IT!

(Gunshots)

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_1d1330ee_7d1b1f9a

Ian: Agh... oh please...

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_1d1330ee_dd1b1fb3

Ian: UGH!

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_1d1330ee_7d1b2036

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_1d1330ee_bd1b2109

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_1d1330ee_7d1b210d

(SMASH!)

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_1d1330ee_1d1b2177

He was dead. Gone - forever. Was that relief, retribution? Either way, he probably deserved it.

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_1d1330ee_fd1b217c

Ian wouldn't use no one, no more...

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_1d1330ee_bd1b2189

If you really want to break the boundaries, maybe share a thought for Isaac. He's got nothing left now.

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_1d1330ee_dd1b22f4

Felix: You're under arrest!
Wayne: I did what I had to do... and that's ALL what matters.

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_1d1330ee_5d1b2301

Duncan: AGH!
Rod: It's alright Chris, we've got them both...

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_1d1330ee_dd1b23da

Chris: You've done what was needed on behalf of everybody, Wayne but... yet... you still have to pay the consequences. You couldn't kill me. And that was the promise broken...

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_1d1330ee_bd1b2434

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c84dc14_bd1c0f4c

Victor: Wh... what on Alterra!?

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c84dc14_dd1c0f3d

Chris: That's right, Victor. It's Wayne Barker. Let us in, would you?
Victor: You're bringing him into my HOUSE!? Look at you all! What happened!?
Chris: Yeah, MY house as well. This guy needs a quiet chat with someone who's been itching to confront him for many years and the police station isn't the place seeming as it's more or less like a dilapidated post-apocalyptic hellhole, given the only cop that's there now is some unconcious, angry bald guy with a bad temper...
Victor: Alright, come in.
Chris: MOVE!
Wayne: Agh...
Rod: Thanks...
Victor: No problem.

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c84dc14_5d1c0fcf

Victor: Hard luck, hey?
Wayne: Screw you.
Victor: (Sighs) Well, if you want to go about it that way then, fine by me...
Wayne: What are you trying to say?
Victor: I'm sure you're a little disheartened as to why you've been arrested, yet... you was all doing us a favour.
Wayne: Was I?
Victor: Yes, you was.
Wayne: (Tuts) Yeah, ok...
Victor: Of course, apart from The Blackjacks of course. I know what Ian did, yeah... it didn't have a great effect on you but, actually... it helped us.
Wayne: Yeah, of course it did...!
Victor: With Ian dead, there's nothing he can do to the police force now... we're ok.
Wayne: Oh yeah... stick that knife in, won't you?
Victor: I'm sorry?
Wayne: You might be plain sailing from here on in, but what about my gang? The Del Bosque gang? I've done it. I've fucking blown it. They're going to hate me.
Victor: I'm sure they'll be pretty pleased you killed Ian.
Wayne: No... I mean I'm arrested, when Rod comes in here... he's going to bite my head off for one last time about the past years and our differences... then I'm going to jail.
Victor: Oh yeah sure you are... but it's not as bad as you may think.

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c84dc14_dd1c1001

Wayne: What?
Victor: They're not going to hate you for it, after all... there was nothing you could have done in your defense.
Wayne: Well... no. Those persistent fucks chased me all the way there.
Victor: You're a good man, Wayne.
Wayne: Oh, forget it. If this is an encouraging moment of somesort to decieve me... you can stick it where the monkey keeps his nuts.
Victor: Listen...
Wayne: Nah... why should I listen? I've got no need to listen... I've got nothing left. I probably wouldn't have felt any better now if I hadn't have killed him either.
Victor: Are you sure you mean that?
Wayne: Yeah... then perhaps maybe I could have left that bastard to suffer a long prison sentence instead, and if that happened... you bastards would still be looking for me.
Victor: Yeah, that's right.
Wayne: What?
Victor: I'm going to say this though... Rod's had things though recently, given he's just discovered what you're really doing.
Wayne: Oh.
Victor: Look, he needs you and you need HIM.
Wayne: I don't need him... and why the fuck would he need me? As if I'm going to be an influence on him...
Victor: He wouldn't have any family otherwise.
Wayne: And so? I have no family, what do you expect us to do? He has you as friends... which, seeming as you see each other more or less seven days a week, they pretty much are family. Same goes to me and The Del Bosque gang.

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c84dc14_9d1c101e

Victor: I was going to say about thinking to shorten your sentence after the trial has been heard.
Wayne: I beg your pardon?
Victor: Shorten your sentence?
Wayne: I know but... isn't that, corrupt?
Victor: I'm not going to be corrupt cop number three here... no one is. I'm doing this for Rod, not for you.
Wayne: You don't have the power.
Victor: People are going to be voting soon to elect a new Chief of Police. I'm going to be right up there. I'll keep it as a promise. If I become Chief, I promise to you that I'll shorten your sentence by a couple of years.
Wayne: A couple? So... I'm going to get a twenty-year sentence and I'm going to still serve eighteen of them?
Victor: You can't deny what you've done was a huge criminal offense, not to mention the many murders you've commited, drugs hauling... and whatever other crap you get upto working for Cardenas.
Wayne: Rod needs me? And how will that work? Eighteen years, he's going to need me? Don't you reckon he's moved on already, regardless of twenty years down the line?
Victor: What do you think is 'generous' then?
Wayne: Judging by what you've just been saying these past few minutes... three years.
Victor: (Chuckles)
Wayne: What!? That's my honest opinion!
Victor: You're not really getting the context of this, are you?
Wayne: What are you talking about!?

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c84dc14_9d1c11bc

Chris: Oh damn, look at my state... how'd you survive the injuries?
Rod: I don't know, you must have been closer to the impact.
Chris: I'm pretty sure we was walking close by one another.
Rod: Must be your luck...
Chris: Sure, it is.

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c84dc14_5d1c1198

Rod: Seems I'll do!
Chris: Ok, but what about me?
Rod: The wounds will heal soon.
Chris: I hope they heal in time...
Rod: Time for what?
Chris: Never mind.

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c84dc14_fd1c102d

Victor: You don't know the meaning of the word?
Wayne: No, but I thought that was the point you was trying to get out of me... three years is a reasonable time to wait.
Victor: You can't deny what you've done... you're a cold-blooded killer, Wayne.
Wayne: No doubt about that but if I'm to serve that many years what was the point in this at all?
Victor: Ok then, if that's the way you want to go about it... we'll just keep your sentence the way it is, shall we?
Wayne: No, no! I didn't mean that...
Victor: Sure you didn't.
Wayne: What's the best you can do me for? Five years?
Victor: Fifteen.
Wayne: Well this wouldn't help Rod at all...
Victor: Oh, so you do care about him now?
Wayne: No, I...
Victor: Of course... just for your benefit. Rod's going to talk to you now, so you can sort your problems out between one another, alright?
Wayne: No... I don't want to talk to him.
Victor: Well you are, and you'll realise that's best for the both of you.

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c84dc14_5d1c1216

Chris: Well Rod, good luck in there. Hope you get what you want from him.
Rod: Thank you Chris... I'll do my best to try and patch things up.
Chris: Alright. See you soon.
Rod: See you Chris.

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c84dc14_1d1c127f

Rod: Brother...
Wayne: You don't have the right to call me that anymore.
Rod: You still are a brother. My only brother. I'm your only brother. Your only family.
Wayne: You know where my family belongs now...
Rod: The Del Bosque gang? I don't think so.
Wayne: You want to bet?
Rod: Yeah. Don't you ever think what you're doing is wrong? Why'd you want to kill people, Wayne? Doesn't it make you feel bad? Wouldn't you rather someone else do that for you?
Wayne: We both kill, Rod. Kill for our family... kill for our country... kill for ourselves.
Rod: But killing doesn't always make me better.
Wayne: Killing Ian never made me better either.
Rod: So why did you do it, hey? Why did you do it?
Wayne: I had no choice. I... I... don't know. I mean no... I just felt like it.
Rod: You say you felt like it when it never made you any better? You said you had no choice.
Wayne: Oh, I did.
Rod: Don't lie to me, Wayne. What's going on with Marion?
Wayne: Nothing.
Rod: I want to know, brother. I'm coming down on you like a ton of bricks, and if you don't tell me... I'm going to have to force it out of you.
Wayne: You wouldn't dare. I'm your brother.
Rod: But am I a brother to you?
Wayne: Yeah, of course you are. It don't matter if I hate your guts, nothing can change the fact that we're still family.

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c84dc14_dd1c129d

Rod: But I don't hate your guts.
Wayne: And...? That my cue to like you?
Rod: No, I'm not asking you to like me. I'm asking you to reflect back on the past years after you left home... and what you did. Was that right?
Wayne: Course it was.
Rod: I don't like killing people, Wayne. But I have no choice either.
Wayne: Exactly... leading on to like I said, I had no choice other than to kill Ian. What's Marion got to do with this?
Rod: I'm a cop, it's my job. It's a real occupation with killing on the contract. Being a hired assassin though, that's not a real occupation. As far as other people see it, you're still unemployed.
Wayne: ...
Rod: You have a choice. You can walk away.
Wayne: They'll come after me.
Rod: You've got me... let that settle that for you.
Wayne: I won't walk from them. My arse belongs there.
Rod: I can tell you it doesn't.
Wayne: It fucking does whether you like it or not.
Rod: I knew you weren't getting up to any good but... when I heard you were with Marion, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. How could you do this to me!?
Wayne: 'Me'? What's this got to do with you? Are you just doing this to see what's in this for you?
Rod: No, I'm not.
Wayne: You are, and that's what you always do.

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c84dc14_bd1c12d6

Rod: So why did you do it then? Is it because I'm a cop you reckon people will stop giving you stick by taking on a criminal job?
Wayne: What!?
Rod: There's no use denying it Wayne, I was the one with the brains... I went on to study law & enforcement, got myself a job as a cop. You, on the other hand... you lazed around all the time. At school... they bullied you.
Wayne: (Sighs)
Rod: Taunted you... teased you. And you stood there and did nothing. They thought of me as a nerd, and you got some stick considering you was far from one.
Wayne: Thanks for reminding me.
Rod: So you went off stealing alcohol?
Wayne: Fuck you. You wasn't the nerd. You're acting all calm now as if you're a different person. You're using me, just like you always did.
Rod: I never used you. Look - I'm trying to be straight with you. The only way in doing that is by keeping calm. Alright? I know I'm an angry bastard most of the time but I'm trying my best to be serious about this.
Wayne: Killing pricks? Sounds like you.
Rod: I thought the crime was over, Wayne. You said you finally got a job. I was pleased for you.
Wayne: Yeah, whatever. I was the older one, I looked down to you.
Rod: The trouble is, you tried to look up to me.
Wayne: Bullshit.
Rod: It's true. You was once a nobody. You never had a job. You were stealing again. I thought we put an end to the crime... and you did it again, again and again... I tried to help you. YOU WANTED IT! But you had to throw it back in my face, just like you always did.
Wayne: Yeah, and you deserved it!

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c84dc14_5d1c12e2

Rod: What did I ever do to you!? Come on. Be honest. What did I ever do to you?
Wayne: You humiliated me.
Rod: I couldn't help you with the bullying.
Wayne: Yeah, of course. I was supposed to be the hero. I was supposed to look after you.
Rod: But you was too frightened to do that, Wayne. That's why what happened had to happen.
Wayne: Well you know? At least working against the law shut every fuck up who'd ever naysayed about me in the past. But you... you made me sick.
Rod: I never did anything to hurt you, Wayne. I'm trying to be calm, and you're making it worse.
Wayne: No... you're making it worse!
Rod: Fine, if that's what you like to think, be that way.
Wayne: Fine...
Rod: ...
Wayne: ...
Rod: Why still do it then? You got what you wanted?
Wayne: Like most things... sex, booze... drugs. You get addicted. You can never get enough. Money... girls, hell... I got the full lot.
Rod: You've done a lot of bad things.
Wayne: But I never killed a man that didn't deserve it... and when I kept thinking that way, well... I couldn't argue. We all go against the law once in a while, don't we Rod?

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c84dc14_9d1c1326

Rod: You're going to prison.
Wayne: Oh yeah? Marion will come after you. He will, I swear.
Rod: You will leave the Del Bosque gang.
Wayne: I won't.
Rod: You'll get a twenty year sentence.
Wayne: It'll be shorter.
Rod: Who told you that?
Wayne: That other cop bastard. Glasses and shit.
Rod: Victor?
Wayne: Yeah, him.
Rod: It might be shorter. But I'm going to propose a deal. You don't have to accept it.
Wayne: I'm all ears.
Rod: If you are prepared to stay with Marion, the longer your sentence.
Wayne: Oh... this is fucking blackmail!
Rod: If you lie, get out after so long and start working with him again... you'll go back to prison. Nobody wants to be there. And I promise, you WILL go back if you betray me. You hear?
Wayne: This is bullshit.
Rod: Now you do have a choice.
Wayne: As far as I see it, I don't.

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c84dc14_bd1c1378

Rod: You've got a little time to think about what you've done... and you can decide what you're going to do when you get out. And don't think of making a decision now and expect to get out right away... you'll still be spending a little time in there.
Wayne: What's a little?
Rod: Years.
Wayne: (Sighs)
Rod: It's your choice. That is your choice. YOU DO have a choice. Choose wisely, because I will find you if you betray me...

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c84dc14_1d1c13a7

Rod: ... and believe me - I won't be calm then, brother.

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c8496ca_1d1c1922

HERRYLAND'S PARK
THREE WEEKS LATER...
11:54AM

Chris: You know, I reckon the future for us is most definitely bright.
Felix: Absolutely.
Chris: I didn't think Victor was up for inauguration to be the new Chief of Police.
Pierre: He's not a pessimist, sometimes he can think differently according to his eventful life. I suppose he'll make a good job out of it. I'm pleased for him.
Chris: Me too.
Felix: Me three.

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c8496ca_bd1c1937

Rod: Guys... shush now. It's about to start.
Chris: What?
Rod: I can see the mayor approaching us now...
Pierre: I'm looking forward to this...
Chris: Aha!

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c8496ca_7d1c197f

Mayor: Good morning ladies and gentlemen, as you all know... we're gathered here to for the inauguration of Victor Hobbs to become the new Chief of Police at the Sondon Metropolitan Police... and indeed for this country. Victor is a man with a good heart. A good will. He takes things very seriously, and he knows the consequences. The consequences unlike a certain man who is no longer with us today... understood. Victor was one of the many chaps here today who had a significant participation on grabbing corruption from the police with two hands... picking it up and chucking it right out of it til' they kicked their teeth in! It's guys like these... who are these countries heroes.

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c8496ca_5d1c1991

Mayor: They've taken part in what has already become one of cities most gruelling operations. Despite the unfortunate murder of the businessman Herbert Major, the money tossed between the two un-named crime syndicates... it has lead off into a spiral of betrayal, misfortune and above all... corruption. If we could now take a minute of our time to remain in silence, to respect those fallen heroes of the police force and indeed the others that have died during this operation.

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c8496ca_7d1c19ac

Mayor: ... thank you. So, without further ado... I am proud to welcome the new Chief Of The Sondon Metropolitan Police Department and indeed Sengland's new Police Chief... Mr. Victor Hobbs!

(Crowd clap and cheer)

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c8496ca_1d1c19e0

Mayor: Hello Victor! How are you?
Victor: I'm great thanks. Thank you.
Mayor: Come here!

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c8496ca_dd1c1a38

Mayor: Please, be my guest and take the stage...
Victor: Thank you very much.
Mayor: My pleasure!

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c8496ca_5d1c1a8b

Victor: Thank you...! Thank you! Well... what an outcome. I never expected to see so many people here today. Erm... well. I have to thank you for coming here today, as you know... this was a big day for me and indeed the rest of the force. I must thank you on behalf of the force for your co-operation in this very difficult time for us, I'm sure you are... our thoughts indeed go out to the families missing loved ones. Despite Ian's corruption, of course... it was a major matter in the force that stopped us from carrying on and fortunately, thanks to my colleague Detective Inspector Chris Osborne, things have taken shape nicely. It was indeed Chris who had to suffer gruelling months in prison with the likes of the notorious drug dealer and addict Tomasz Nowicki, of which Chris did not deserve because of Ian and the changes that he made to determine the outcome of the courtcase.

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c8496ca_7d1c1b7c

Victor: With the bravery of both Detective Sargeant Rodney Barker and Felix Tanner too, they've helped us significantly in hunting down both Wayne Barker and Duncan Renwick. I thank them, I thank the rest of the police force... in what has no doubt been... one of our toughest operations to date, and it still continues. I hope... very much ladies and gentlemen, that I will, and I know I'll give everything in my will indeed, to put this whole operation to bed in the short-term future. Thank you all. I am honoured to serve this great country as the Chief Of Police. Bless you all.

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c907643_1d1c2990

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c907643_9d1c1d8f

Rod: Well, here he is... the big boss himself!
Victor: Ah, thank you Rod.
Felix: What's it like to be Chief?
Victor: Very nice.
Chris: It feels like you're a new person?
Victor: Very much so. I feel replenished... and I'm ready to go. More than ever.
Chris: It's not going to be easy though, you know that?
Victor: I know I'm going to do a hell lot more of a better job than what Ian did... mark my words.
Rod: Hmm we'll see about that. (Chuckles)
Victor: I'm prepared to start a new chapter in law and order in this country, you know? And what better place to start than to take down both The Blackjacks and the Del Bosque gang?
Felix: But our murderer of Herbert is probably already dead.
Chris: It wasn't Ian.
Felix: Huh?
Chris: It wasn't. I'm sure of it.
Victor: What makes you so sure, Chris?
Chris: He wasn't the target.
Rod: What target?

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c907643_9d1c1d9f

Chris: The target. Of my targets. And it's a long story so, I'm not going to explain it now.
Victor: We've got plenty of time, Chris. Are you sure?
Chris: Yes. I'm going with my guts. Ian did not kill Herbert.
Felix: Alright...
Victor: So it looks like it to you then Chris that you still think we've got the murderer to catch?
Chris: Indeed. I have a few suspicions.
Rod: Who do you reckon could have done it?
Chris: (Sighs) Well... you want me to go through them all?
Rod: Yeah, go on.
Chris: Well, for a start... there's Isaac.
Felix: Isaac?
Chris: Yeah.
Felix: Ah, he's a tough guy, but he's soft opposed to some other guys we've met along the way for sure.
Rod: He's not a Blackjack or anything is he?
Chris: Nope... and he only just found out about a month back that Ian was a Blackjack.
Victor: I know he's a bastard and everything but... he showed no signs of anything peculiar while we investigated Major's murder. I think he's clean.

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c907643_5d1c1db8

Chris: Well I wouldn't be so sure of it.
Victor: If you say so...
Chris: I DO say so.
Rod: Who else?
Chris: Wayne Barker.
Rod: Oh... right.
Felix: How's he doing in prison by the way, Rod?
Rod: I think he's alright, I've seen him a bit... but he's still searching for the all important decision. Whether he's going to leave the Del Bosque gang. If he's not, if he's forced to stay then... maybe he could be the killer.
Felix: Don't you reckon they might try and break him out?
Rod: I won't let them. He belongs in prison. If they successfully break him out, I will come after them.
Victor: Of course if it was Wayne though Chris, wouldn't you have known by now?
Chris: Some secrets are best kept secrets... I was an honoured member of that syndicate up until the point when they heard of my real identity... I don't know. They might have been prepared to tell me. Either way, I know that more than one person knows the real identity of the murderer. And I'm going to search high and low for it.
Felix: Who else you reckon?
Chris: Luisa Santiago.
Victor: That might be too obvious.
Chris: Nah, she's a Blackjack.
Felix: Exactly. She's going against her own crew, remember? Herbert wasn't one of the five on the list.

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c907643_dd1c1dc3

Chris: But we don't know when that list was written... could have been before, could have been after his death.
Victor: How about Rocco Mendez?
Chris: Or even Ivan Zharkov... of course. She always uses them... no matter what the case is. And they stick to her like glue. Extremely loyal people.
Rod: You don't reckon Marion did it? After all, he does take matters into his own hands given he murdered Micky.
Chris: Micky... his step-brother. Absolutely. It's a possibility but... why Herbert?
Felix: Could have been just the first guy on his hit list...
Chris: Nah. Cardenas will only kill someone if he really needs to. I don't think he killed Herbert.
Felix: What about that other bastard who came with Wayne to try and blow our heads off?
Chris: Duncan Renwick? A very small possibility but... a dark horse if you like.
Victor: Ah... indeed. But you know... could always be an outsider, I agree.
Chris: But it feels to me as if the murderer is someone obvious, but I just can't find them... even though they're close. Real close.
Felix: (Chuckles) You reckon it was one of us?
Chris: No... not you. It's as if I've seen his face before... I can hear his voice. I see him but...
Rod: You're not really making a lot of sense here Chris?
Chris: I know... I know. It just seems so simple, even though extremely complex.

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c907643_3d1c1ddf

Felix: Would we know him?
Chris: No. You wouldn't.
Victor: I've had enough of this. I'm going to tidy Ian's office out... I've got to move in there today.
Rod: Big moment?
Victor: Kind of. Chris... you're not doing much this evening are you?
Chris: It depends.
Victor: Well, in the meantime... you could probably give me a hand couldn't you?
Chris: Me?
Victor: Yeah...
Chris: Well, I suppose it wouldn't hurt. What do I have to do?
Victor: We need to search through all of Ian's books... see if any of it is suspicious, keep them books... all of what we don't need... we throw away.
Chris: Alright, let's go.

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c907643_9d1c1fea

Victor: (Sighs)
Chris: Oh dear.

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c907643_fd1c203a

Victor: All of these books... useless. Should have been thrown out years ago.
Chris: Yeah well Ian didn't take too much notice did he, was always concentrating on his relations with The Blackjacks...

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c907643_9d1c21a1

Victor: Good job I got all these boxes hey?
Chris: Yeah. Definitely.

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c907643_1d1c22f3

Chris: Have you found anything useful yet?
Victor: No... must have just been the dictionary.
Chris: Stupid place to put that if you ask me given there's nothing much here to go on.
Victor: Look harder.
Chris: Alright...

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c907643_5d1c293b

Chris: Well, nothing hidden. All clear. You're good to go.
Victor: Ah... now I do feel at home.

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c907643_dd1c295e

Victor: Job well done, Chris.
Chris: Oh, I couldn't have done it without you. Well done to you too.

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_bc91fe96_9d1c2c8f

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_bc91fe96_3d1c2d7b

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_bc91fe96_fd1c2dcc

Chris: Kiefer?
Kiefer: Oh, Chris! Hey man!

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_bc91fe96_3d1c2e1f

Kiefer: So, I hear everything is ok now?
Chris: Yeah, we got a new boss. It's going good, for sure.
Kiefer: Pleased to hear.
Chris: What's been going on down your neck of the woods?
Kiefer: Not much, to be fair. But there's something.
Chris: Oh?
Kiefer: Yeah...

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_bc91fe96_bd1c2e29

Chris: What's that then?
Kiefer: I think we've made a breakthrough. I think I know where Marion might be.
Chris: Ok.
Kiefer: I mean, it is alright if you erm... go for him?
Chris: Go for him?
Kiefer: Take him down?
Chris: Well, sure. That's what I've been trying to do these past five, six months...
Kiefer: The police won't be too outraged if you caught Marion on a job set by me?

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_bc91fe96_7d1c2e43

Chris: The only people who assign me to jobs now are the police, they employ me. Not you.
Kiefer: But it is about time we fought back.
Chris: That's what we've been doing this past month, we've already got Barker behind bars. Tell me where the fuck he is, I'm getting impatient.
Kiefer: I saw one of his men, Todd... he was rushing this guy into this house. Covering him up as best he could. They're obviously trying to hide him. I'm sure it's him.
Chris: How'd you see that?
Kiefer: I was just going to fetch a newspaper and a pint of milk as usual that morning.
Chris: Good. So, if it's not far from your house... it's not far from here right?
Kiefer: Sure. 15 Redgrave Street... you know it?
Chris: I'll find it.
Kiefer: Alright, good luck.
Chris: Yeah, thanks.
Kiefer: And if you have to... finish the job. You'll be doing us all a favour...
Chris: ...

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_bc91fe96_3d1c2e80

Chris: Ah, Cardenas another of my potential targets... it's worth giving it a go. After all, it's going to happen soon... but when on Alterra is soon? This must be it. The final showdown. To finish what I started. Marion Cardenas. The Del Bosque gang.

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbae4b7_bd1c3466

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbae4b7_1d1c34aa

Chris: A lot of fast cars... big house. This can only be the place.

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbae4b7_bd1c3619

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbae4b7_fd1c367f

Man #1: Hey! Hold it there...!
Man #2: Yeah... you look alright. I guess you're here to see Marion? But uh, one thing... if you are then... I've got to take your gun.

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbae4b7_bd1c3692

Chris: Oh yeah... sure. I... I don't want any trouble!

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbae4b7_9d1c3726

Chris: But I don't need arms!
Man #1: AGH!
Man #2: Shit!

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbae4b7_9d1c377f

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbae4b7_5d1c3782

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbae4b7_fd1c37b2

Chris: I think I'll take these... thank you very much.

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbae4b7_3d1c382a

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbae4b7_dd1c391f

Man #3: Hey! Stand the FUCK still! How dare you break into here! I want to know who you are, NOW!

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbae4b7_dd1c3910

Chris: I just want to see Marion. That's all. There's no harm in that, is there fellas'?

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbae4b7_5d1c398e

(Gunshots)

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbae4b7_bd1c3a02

Man #4: You can run, but you can't hide you prick!

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbae4b7_bd1c3a51

(Gunshots)

Chris: AGH!

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbae4b7_5d1c3ab8

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbae4b7_5d1c3ac5

Chris: (Exhales) ...

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbae4b7_3d1c3adb

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbae4b7_fd1c3b72

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbae4b7_bd1c3be4

Man #5: Who the fuck are you!? Get out of here!

(Gunshots)

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbae4b7_1d1c3c23

Chris: Let's see if you can do this trick...

(Gunshots)

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbae4b7_3d1c3fee

Chris: These bastards won't take no for an answer... but as the Blackjacks said... Marion's bodyguards were always the weaker of the syndicate. It's back to square one now they're missing they're two most promising members... what a pity.

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbae4b7_1d1c3da9

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbae4b7_dd1c3ee5

Man #6: (Whispers) Come on... come on. Don't kill me. Please...
Chris: I know you're in here! Somewhere...

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbae4b7_fd1c3f36

(Gunshots)

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbae4b7_9d1c3fcc

Chris: Gotcha... (sniggers)

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbae4b7_fd1c41fd

Man #7: Excuse me? Where are you going?
Chris: Haven't you heard the shooting? I'm after Marion.
Man #7: If you want to see him, I'll have to take your gun.

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbae4b7_1d1c426f

Chris: (Sighs) Sure... here it is.

(Two gunshots)

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbae4b7_3d1c4480

(Gunshot)

Man #8: AGH!

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbae4b7_5d1c4562

Chris: Oh... this can't be right.

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbae4b7_5d1c4575

Chris: Damnit! DAMNIT, DAMNIT, DAMNIT!

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbae4b7_5d1c45c7

Chris: Oh Marion... Marion oh Marion... you poor, sick bastard. Too scared to face the consequences... good heavens...!

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c84dc14_dd1c47b6

'What a day', you'd say. Full of joy... sorrow. Despair. What had he done to go wrong? Go in all guns blazing? A bloody good chance. You think that if he's there... he's destined to be there. When he leaves... he's gone. For a long time. And that's going to make it tough to find him again.

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c84dc14_7d1c4819

You'll search high and low. Think. Contemplate. Put your mind to work. Take the consequences. Do what you have to do. Be strong. Open yourself up to the world.

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c84dc14_fd1c4830

Pull yourself together. Look in the mirror. Exhale... take a moment. This is it. Because soon... like Malcolm Kaplinksy said... it's going to happen. Your life will change - forever.

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c84dc14_7d1c48b9

And you can only work towards that by trying to take your day as normal. Sleep is the best remedy... if you're lucky enough to get any, that is.

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c84dc14_bd1c4c28

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c84dc14_7d1c4c34

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c84dc14_3d1c4c80

Chris: Woah... CRAP! What the fuck do you want!? Wh... wh... why are you in MY BED!?

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c84dc14_1d1c4cc1

Chris: I go to sleep... and just as I snooze off... you appear!? I mean, what the FUCK!? Can't you just leave me alone?
Marcus: I am not as you think, Chris.
Chris: Of course you are as I think, you're fucking Marcus! What's gotten into you? I barely even know you yet... you keep trying to make contact with me in this... dream!?
Marcus: Yeah... I can tell you one thing for sure, Chris. It's a dream. And it's exactly the same as mine. Just... who's involved? Who's done this to you? What are you going to do?
Chris: Tell me what this is all about! Why are you here?
Marcus: I'm trying to make you aware of the consequences, Chris.
Chris: What consequences?
Marcus: Did you ever reckon this would be plain sailing? It never was for me.

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c84dc14_fd1c4cc9

Chris: Just FUCK OFF! YOU'RE FREAKY!
Marcus: I'm just doing my best to help you, Chris.
Chris: Well, you can forget it. I don't get scared, but I really am. I... I... don't believe it.
Marcus: Oh, ok then...
Chris: Wait a minute... you said help?
Marcus: I believe I did.
Chris: You... you can get me help!?
Marcus: It's what I'M here for...
Chris: How? What do you want me to say? Ask... do even?
Marcus: Nothing is required on your part... however, you've got to do as I say if you want to survive.

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c84dc14_3d1c4cd3

Chris: What!?
Marcus: Call the wedding off... Chris.
Chris: Wh... WHY!?
Marcus: Don't ask me why, just do it. You'll find yourself in a lot less trauma in comparison to what you have now... believe me.
Chris: No...
Marcus: YOU JUST HAVE TO TRUST ME ON THIS ONE!

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c84dc14_1d1c4d56

Chris: BUT FLORENCE IS THE ONE I LOVE! YOU WON'T TAKE THAT AWAY FROM ME... AGH!

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c84dc14_fd1c4daa

Chris: FUCK OFF! WHY WON'T YOU FALL!? WHAT ARE YOU... INVINCIBLE!?

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c84dc14_1d1c581c

Malcolm: I believe I am.

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c84dc14_3d1c5847

Chris: Wh... it's you.
Malcolm: It's me.
Chris: What's your name?
Malcolm: ...
Chris: Tell me. You... you're not Marcus.
Malcolm: It was the only way I could grab your attention according to last time.
Chris: Last time?
Malcolm: Your first day, Chris.
Chris: That's years ago...
Malcolm: The first day in your dream as you know it. When you came down to the cells... you met Rocco Mendez. You saw me before.
Chris: I... I do. I remember you. You're the guy who's there... who makes it obvious. You killed Herbert Major... didn't you?
Malcolm: ...
Chris: You must have?
Malcolm: The name is Malcolm Kaplinsky, Chris. We have met many times before... in death, defeat... the pull of a trigger.
Chris: SHIT! YOU KILLED ME!

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c84dc14_5d1c5869

Malcolm: That's not for me to say, my friend.
Chris: You must say!
Malcolm: I'm afraid that I cannot...
Chris: SAY IT!
Malcolm: The killer has it written all over them...
Chris: Them? So... not a particular sex?
Malcolm: Not as you think.
Chris: It's a female?
Malcolm: Perhaps...
Chris: But a male?
Malcolm: Equally... perhaps.
Chris: I don't understand.
Malcolm: Of course you understand... after all, it's obvious isn't it?
Chris: That was supposed to be you. How on Alterra have we met before?
Malcolm: You call the wedding off... you'll know with a hint of joy. You continue... you'll know soon, but with a crescendo of sorrow. See you around, Christopher.

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c84dc14_5d1c58ce

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c84dc14_fd1c58d3

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c84dc14_9d1c58e4

Chris: What do I do...? What the fuck do I do?

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c84dc14_1d1c5b13

Florence: Chris!
Chris: Oh erm... morning Florence. Come here.

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c84dc14_9d1c5b3f

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c84dc14_3d1c5c20

Florence: So, how are you this morning?
Chris: Not bad, not bad.
Florence: Are you sure? You seem a bit down.
Chris: Nah, I'm alright. Just the nerves kicking in you know.
Florence: Oh right, I know... the same's happening to me! (Chuckles)
Chris: (Smiles) Yeah...
Florence: I'm nervous and excited!
Chris: Me too.
Florence: So, is everything planned?

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c84dc14_3d1c5c28

Chris: I think it is... just about.
Florence: You know the place?
Chris: Indeed. Tatania's Park.
Florence: That's the place.
Chris: Why did you choose that place, I never asked you?
Florence: That place was close to my mother before she died.
Chris: Ah, I see.
Florence: We used to go there every Sunday afternoon... sit on the bench, watch the waterfall... we even bathed in the water when no one was looking.
Chris: (Chuckles) That's naughty.

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c84dc14_1d1c5c34

Florence: But that place holds great memories there and... getting married to the man I love more than anyone, I couldn't think of a more wonderful memory to keep from that park. My mother will sure be looking down at me with a giant grin on her face.
Chris: Yeah, I guess she will.
Florence: So, have you got a suit yet?
Chris: I've yet to find one yet...
Florence: Oh come on Chris! That's not on!
Chris: I know...
Florence: We're getting married tomorrow and you don't even have a suit! You can't be so poorly organized, this is the most important day of our lives... well, at least I know it is of mine.
Chris: I know... I know. I'll get it sorted. I promise. But I am busy, you know?
Florence: Whatever you do with the police, I don't care... tell them. Tell them - Chris. This is more important now.

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c84dc14_5d1c5c4c

Chris: I know.
Florence: 'I know' will just not do, Chris. How am I supposed to trust you again after what you did, and now given this we're you're not even organized and you're telling me you'll sort it all out Chris but... I'll ask you this - will you!?
Chris: I will, I promise. Mark my words.
Florence: Yeah, well you better.
Chris: I need someone like you, you're furious. You'll keep me in good shape.
Florence: Oh of course, I'm going to push you to your very limits to make sure I get the best out of this! You didn't propose to me for nothing... don't let it slip, Chris! I trust you, I love you... and I always, always have faith in you.
Chris: Oh, thanks.
Florence: Alright. Well, I guess this is it then!
Chris: Yes!
Florence: See you tomorrow! Have a good stag night, don't drink too much. And DON'T try something on the stripper.
Chris: Stripper? Who even said there was a stripper?
Florence: Oh, don't be like that... no use denying it Chris! DON'T!
Chris: Alright. See you.
Florence: See you. Love you!

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_5c849670_9d1c6a0c

Chris: Oh Rod... glad you could make it.
Rod: Sure, let's go.

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_5c849670_1d1c65e3

Rod: So, what is this about?
Chris: Well, you know I'm getting married?
Rod: Of course...
Chris: You remember it's tomorrow right?
Rod: Tomorrow!? I don't remember that!
Chris: Ah, well... it is indeed tomorrow. It's so soon!
Rod: So the stag night is tonight I guess, that is if we're having a stag night, right?
Chris: Yes, we are.
Rod: Ah, wonderful. I can get pissed for the first time in a bloody long while.
Chris: Oh yes... sure. Despite I won't be getting pissed.
Rod: Ah, come on! You're no fun!
Chris: It's not worth risking it...

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_5c849670_dd1c65ed

Rod: Don't worry... you'll be absolutely fine in the morning, so don't you worry about that one. A good sleep is all you need.
Chris: Look... I won't be drinking.
Rod: Ah, there'll be a stripper right?
Chris: Of course.
Rod: Oh! You've got to get it on with her!
Chris: You know I can't. Unlike getting pissed, sleeping and then the next morning waking up with a hangover but gradually getting better, getting it on with a stripper won't do me any good, and certainly can never be erased.
Rod: Oh, I understand Chris. So, what's the plan for TOMORROW?
Chris: The wedding starts at midday, at Tatania's Park.
Rod: In Apton?
Chris: Yeah. But I'm short of someone.
Rod: Short of who?

Episode Twelve (12), Part Two (2) Snapshot_5c849670_5d1c65ff

Chris: I need a best man.
Rod: Oh, that's bad.
Chris: Well, the whole reason of dragging you here was because... well, I want you to be my best man.
Rod: What!?
Chris: Yes Rod, you. My best man?
Rod: Me? Are you sure about that one!?
Chris: Yeah, I'm positive.
Rod: But wouldn't Vic be better for that? I thought he was your best mate? And... I don't think I'm up for it.
Chris: Of course you can do it.
Rod: I can't...
Chris: You can.
Luke
Luke

https://vintagehaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down