The Alterran Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2)

Go down

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Empty Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2)

Post by Luke Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:14 pm

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c907643_5d0ecc27

Isaac: Uh, hello? Oh, Wayne. How nice of you to phone. What happened? Oh, that sounds nasty. Yeah, I don't like to but, I have to give it to him... he's a pretty good driver. Yeah. I know I'm corrupt, and I'm loving every minute of it. We're only shaping the new law as we go by, Wayne. And no... we're still not friends. I don't care if you hate Chris as much as I do, but this is a triangle of hatred. At least I thought telling you would do you a favour.

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c907643_5d0ecd68

Chris: Come on, there's got to be something here. There's got to be. Books, files... plans.

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c907643_3d0ecc00

Isaac: (Chuckles) Well, I'll make sure I'll let him know you're still alive and well. Yeah, your brother too. No doubt Chris has told him already. That sounded nasty. Hope the cars don't cost too much to fix, pal.

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c907643_bd0ecda8

Chris: Ah, here we are.

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c907643_3d0ecbee

Isaac: Well, whatever Wayne... I respect you for your situation. I understand it's a hard time for both of us, I mean, we can always reach a deal... yeah, alright then. See you.

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c907643_bd0ecdb5

Chris: Oh... my... god. (Exhales) Ok, alright. Don't panic Chris. It's nothing we can't resolve... we had it coming. It came.

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c907643_bd0ecf7c

Isaac: What the fuck!? Chris! Get out of here!

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c907643_bd0ecf84

Chris: Hmm, pretty impressive.
Isaac: What the FUCK are you reading? That's IAN'S!

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c907643_3d0ecfe3

Chris: Came here to defend that Ian of yours? Oh, he doesn't seem so well. Everything just isn't working out for anyone at the minute.
Isaac: Tell me... why were you in here!?
Chris: What are you going to do? Run to Ian and demand you got rid of me? Tell him how you found me in his office?
Isaac: You don't have the right to be in here!
Chris: And neither you do. You're the same rank as me, Isaac. I don't see that as suitable. You should be looking out for Del Bosque members or Blackjacks as it is, but oh no... you're here. Doing what exactly?
Isaac: Alright, you know why Ian lets me in here. He doesn't like you. He doesn't trust you. Look at the mess you've made. You hit me, and now everything has spiralled off into the unknown. I got my revenge Chris, like I said I always do. You've lost.
Chris: I never lose. But I take my time to win. Never knew Ian was a member of The Blackjacks.
Isaac: What? How do you know that?
Chris: Is that a question? (Chuckles) I saw in that book, the official members of The Blackjacks. The big five. Santiago, Mendez, Zharkov, Kaiser and McPherson. I know why he got me, Rod and Felix to do his dirty work. Eliminating the likes of those chumps at the old brewery, Richard Dixon, Tomasz Nowicki and the hobo's, Joe Vasquez. Nowicki and Vasquez were in prison with me you know, not that you'd care.
Isaac: No, I don't care.
Chris: It seems he'd used us to do his dirty work. They're obviously guys that they don't want in The Blackjacks. Perhaps Luisa Santiago doesn't want to break the bad news to them that when they flee out of Sengland they don't want to be tagging along with them seventy odd psychos do they? They can't sack them, they don't want the hassle. So that bastard sends me to do it all.
Isaac: That's not right. Why do you think he's good friends with the government?
Chris: He's not. He's just using them to gain their trust. The prime minister, the mayor... as well as sympathy for surviving cancer. In fact, I don't even think that was real. It was fake wasn't it?
Isaac: ...
Chris: (Smirks) Wasn't it?
Isaac: Yes... YES ALRIGHT!
Chris: You and him, you're the sickest bastards I've ever met. Seriously. I've not believed anything that's gone on recently. It absolutely disgusts me how you and him can be so vile to this great country. This GREAT city. I despise you, Isaac.
Isaac: I can only say the same for you.
Chris: Too right. Oh, excuse me... how did Ian spend so long under the governments trust and as Chief Of Police when he was working with the Blackjacks all along? I want answers, Isaac. I want them now.
Chris: Not so noble now, are we... 'Detective Inspector' Isaac Noble? TELL ME!

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c907643_fd0ecfed

Chris: FUCKING TELL ME!
Isaac: I don't know.
Chris: Yes you do.
Isaac: I'm the one with the gun, Chris. You won't get answers.
Chris: I've got a gun in my holdster in my pocket. Want me to get it out!?
Isaac: No.
Chris: Good. Now, as I asked before... why did he spend so long under their trust?
Isaac: You're going to have to find it out for yourself.
Chris: You don't want a gunfight, do you?
Chris: Then why am I beginning to believe that you do? Why don't you just tell me, Isaac? After all, we all know how corrupt Ian is. We're going to find out eventually.
Chris: Ok then, so the money. It's obviously not Marion's, you can't be all loved-up with him while Ian works in The Blackjacks. You work for them too?
Isaac: No. I don't.
Chris: What are you then? Face it, Isaac. Your police career is a shambles. You've got nothing left. Regardless of you telling Marion the news he didn't want to hear, it still didn't land you a place in their good books did it? And me and you both know that you want a place in The Blackjacks but... they'll only come looking for us, Isaac. Ian was using you. How did you ever know?
Isaac: I only knew Ian never had cancer and was using as sympathy to gain the governments trust. I don't know why he spent so long under their trust, no doubt a couple of them are corrupt too.
Chris: If he was using you, which it seems he was... I'd believe you.
Isaac: He's not a Blackjack.
Chris: Look at the book. It's written in black and white.
Isaac: What makes you think they're going to come after me as well? I only killed a couple of their guys because Ian wanted me to, and they're the ones they didn't want no more.
Chris: Tell me then, why did he get us both to do the same work undercover together? He obviously wanted the same outcome for us both. You never showed any signs of favouritism towards The Blackjacks, only to The Del Bosque gang regardless of working undercover for them. I'll give you that one, Isaac. I respect that decision of yours. You're a bent cop, I'll give you that but... Ian used you. I'm sorry.

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c907643_fd0ecff7

Isaac: He didn't use me!
Chris: He used us all, Isaac. Only for his own gain.
Isaac: HE DIDN'T USE ME!
Chris: Look at it, Isaac. We've not made touch with Luisa for a long time and that's because of him. If we didn't have him we'd be after her by now, maybe she'll be even locked up by now and we'll learn who killed Herbert Major.
Isaac: No, you're wrong.
Chris: SHE'S PROBABLY IN RIBERIA NOW!
Isaac: Great, then go find her...
Chris: But she said when we listened in... she would be sipping cocktails along with Rocco on a beach. She won't be easy to find thanks to Ian.
Chris: So now I can do what I've came here for. Make it public about Ian's corruption. The government need to know.
Isaac: FUCK NO!
Chris: You're too scared to read the book aren't you? It's there, Isaac. I'm sorry but... you were the one that lost. Ian's still grinning from ear-to-ear though, and if you can't see sense, your career's fucked up big time.
Isaac: Who sent you?
Chris: Victor.
Isaac: That bastard!
Chris: I'm many things Isaac, but stupid isn't one of them. Ian's pretty stupid I'd say. I have no sympathy for him at all. He is an absolute back-stabbing bastard. We're going after him.
Isaac: You can't!
Chris: I can. Now you can either come with me, try to fix things, see sense... or you can stay here and feel sorry for yourself. What's it going to be!?

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c907643_1d0ed076

Isaac: HOW DARE YOU COME IN HERE AND OFFER ME TO WORK ALONGSIDE SCUM LIKE YOU!
Chris: AGH!
Isaac: IAN IS CORRUPT, IAN IS A BLACKJACK... OK! He betrayed us all, but at least he gave me the gift that I wanted the most.
Chris: Oh yeah? What's that?
Isaac: Jail.
Chris: What!?
Isaac: He got the names and addresses of every and each jury member, Chris. He's got that power hasn't he? He had their gravestones reserved if one of them dare conclude you as being innocent. And you were fucking guilty. Bad luck, Osborne.
Chris: THE FUCK YOU'RE BOTH SORRY!

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c907643_fd0ed07e

Isaac: If there was one thing that I'd never liked him more before, then it was when he sent you down good and proper.
Chris: You really make me sick, the both of you. And now Ian's left all this mess for you to deal with.
Isaac: Oh, you know I'll walk.

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c907643_9d0ed0c6

Chris: YOU'LL NEVER WALK FROM THIS MESS, NOBLE!
Isaac: AGH!

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c907643_1d0ed0e9

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c907643_3d0ed205

Isaac: Come here you scumbag!

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c907643_3d0ed276

Isaac: Shit. Guess there's only one solution.

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c907643_dd0ed2f3

(Glass shatters)

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_9c907643_3d0ed287

Isaac: I'm following close behind you, Osborne!

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_bd0eec6c

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_5d0edc5b

Chris: You can hunt after me, Isaac. It's only going to make things worse for you!
Isaac: I'M DOWN BUT I'M NOT OUT! YOU HEAR ME, YOU HEAR ME!?

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_3d0edc86

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_1d0edcaf

Chris: Face it Isaac, you can kill me... but you'll never survive in this world.

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_9d0edd11

Isaac: I'll survive as long as you're gone.

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_7d0edd32

Chris: You've lost it all, Isaac! There's no point coming for those who are more fortunate than you yourself!
Isaac: HOW DARE YOU DECLARE ME OF BEING LESS FORTUNATE! THIS IS FAR FROM OVER!
Chris: It's over for you, though.

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_3d0ee041

Chris: I can make a getaway on the subway...

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_bd0ee09f

Isaac: YOU CAN RUN, BUT YOU CAN'T HIDE OSBORNE!

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_1d0ee0f6

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_7d0ee0e0

Chris: (Exhales) Guess I lost him then...

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_3d0ee3af

Man: Where are you going in a hurry, mister? Missed your train?
Chris: Now I've not got time to speak, sir. Sorry.

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_9d0ee3ed

Man: Are you ok sir?
Chris: (Mutters to self) Where on Alterra do I go? Erm, excuse me, sir. The train to Kimdon?
Man: You should stick to this platform. You need to be on eight if you want to get there later, this will pass through Kimdon but you can always stop off when you get there. It's quicker.
Chris: Alright, thanks.

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_dd0ee401

Man: You do like kind of worried about something. Are you sure everything is ok?
Chris: Yes, no need to worry. I'm fine.
Man: Because I've just seen a man in a red jacket pass by in a hurry too...
Chris: Oh, he must have erm... missed a train. Happens all the time doesn't it?
Man: Perhaps.

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_3d0ee514

Chris: (Whispers to self) The time is ok. (Sighs) I've lost him.

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_fd0ee5ca

Being on a train is so relaxing. You can think about anything you need, contemplate on things, have debates in your head. The slow rocking of the train as it rumbles along the track can soothe any worries you might have. For Chris, thanks to the work of Ian, things have turned dramatically and now - the ones who Chris was destined to hunt - are now hunting for him.

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_7d0ee404

Man #1: Seems Chris is out and about... he obviously doesn't have time to recover in this city given being in prison and his experiences.
Man #2: And we're not going to make it easier for him at all.
Man #1: Not at all...

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_9d0ef8ae

APTON HILL HOTEL, APTON
9:48PM

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_3d0efe4f

Felix: So, why did you REALLY call me here? You must have really wanted to play pool, Chris.
Chris: Ah no... I wanted to talk to you about something.

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_bd0efe1d

Felix: To me in specific? What's in it for me?
Chris: Oh don't worry... it's only because Rod and Victor aren't around. You probably know what this is about.
Felix: Well I wasn't until I got the call...

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_3d0efe2f

Chris: Well, you're here now. There's no point in turning back and going home.
Felix: Ok then, let's speak.
Chris: We'll need a drink first.
Felix: Ok, can't argue with that.

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_9d0efb86

Felix: So, Chris. While it seems you set off to find that book in Ian's office - I was sat at home.
Chris: Oh, good to know.
Felix: Yes well... I did recieve a visitor.
Chris: Who?
Felix: Victor.
Chris: Oh?
Felix: Yes.
Chris: Ok.
Felix: He came to see me about Ian.
Chris: Rod also?
Felix: Of course. So, he told me you headed off to Ian's office to find anything you could find, and he came discussing to me what his plan was. He'd thought of something just after you left.
Chris: Oh, has he? Well, he can forget it. I have something better.
Felix: Well, the man at least deserves to have his proposed idea said, don't you think?
Chris: Of course.
Felix: Well, Vic reckons that when we get the chance, we arrest Isaac. This is going to get Ian all worked up and it'll surely be of interest of the government. Then we'll just interrogate Isaac for all of the things that we already know, and that's going to land Ian in jail too.
Chris: That's not going to work. Isaac doesn't know.
Felix: Know what?
Chris: Isaac doesn't know it all.
Felix: Ok then, tell me what you found out. Did you find something in his office?
Chris: Of course. And well, there's no other way of putting this but... Ian's a member of The Blackjacks, Felix.
Felix: (Gasps) What!?
Chris: The men we've been sent to kill, it was all irrelevant. Ian was using us to eliminate the unwanted members of their clan. They intend to move away, and they can't sack their seventy odd other members but they still can't take them abroad with them.
Felix: What!? I don't understand.
Chris: Five of them, Felix. Just five. Santiago who you know...
Felix: Well, not personally but... carry on.
Chris: Well, you know of her at least. You've not met her, and I've only seen her once. She's a discreet lady, and because of what Ian has done, it's worked well into her hands.
Felix: So she's probably already in Riberia?
Chris: Not without Ian. And I wouldn't put money on them returning to Riberia anyway...

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_fd0efb8f

Felix: So, who else?
Chris: Rocco Mendez, as you know of and have seen before.
Felix: Of course, in his jail cell.
Chris: Ivan Zharkov, the guy who murdered the vice-president of the UFSR, used as the Blackjack's assassin, the guy that Rod went after and could never stop...
Felix: Of course.
Chris: Then we've a guy named Kaiser. Must be his last name, but I've never heard nor seen of him. It'll be interesting to look into him.
Felix: Kaiser? Right...
Chris: And finally, it's Ian McPherson. He was a MAJOR player in The Blackjacks, and through using the Sondon Metropolitan Police as a cover, The Blackjacks have gained great ground.
Felix: And we're left to pick up the pieces.
Chris: Indeed. But frankly, Isaac isn't a member of The Blackjacks. I'd learnt that Ian used him as well as everyone else.
Felix: How?
Chris: Because Isaac never even knew.
Felix: Don't tell me you're honestly going to believe a word that comes out of his mouth...?
Chris: Oh, I believe this one Felix. He favoured Isaac, he even kept him out of jail by taunting the jury members to reach the verdict of guilty for me, even though it looked as if I'd won.
Felix: WHAT!?
Chris: That's right. But I'm over that now.
Felix: Are you serious? You was in jail for two months and you never even had the right to be in there? You was in the right all along yet Ian led everyone to believe that YOU were the corrupt cop, and not either himself or Isaac.
Chris: That's right. He's not stupid. He used the whole situation of having 'cancer' to gain sympathy and thus trust from the government also.
Felix: That bastard.
Chris: Yep.
Felix: And how is Isaac being used by Ian?
Chris: Because regardless of his favouritism, Ian only knew that Isaac was easier being a bent cop than what I was... so used him. Why would he have got me and him to do the same undercover work anyway? Isaac doesn't show any liking towards The Blackjacks, more so for The Del Bosque gang if anything despite working undercover for them.

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_9d0efb9d

Felix: So, what next?
Chris: Isaac walked in on me with a gun, and... I offered him to work with us and put everything behind us to catch Ian but, he wasn't so pleased to hear that proposal.
Felix: You what!?
Chris: Hey, like I was going to trust him anyway! He chased me halfway through Sondon, not to mention I made it to the subway and caught a train to travel the other half of Sondon to lose him.
Felix: Man, that's crazy.
Chris: I managed to keep hold of the book though. It's got a whole lot more in it.
Felix: If that's the case, we've won.
Chris: This wasn't on the bookshelf, Felix. This was in his desk cupboard. If I found it that easily, it's not going to have anything. It's a dictionary, only in the notes section is where everything is wrote. If it was on a notepad, someone would find it. But I'm not that stupid. I'm far more intelligent, intelligent enough to even find this.
Felix: Come on then, let's have a look.

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_1d0efbb9

Chris: Now I can't help but share these picture portraits with you, Felix. I found these in the back, and I don't know what they're for.
Felix: Well, they're people.
Chris: Why... no shit genious.
Felix: Just stating the obvious...
Chris: Sure you were. But just WHO are these people?
Felix: Do they have any writing on the back?
Chris: Certainly not them all, but we should look at them all to make sure.
Felix: Are these them all?
Chris: Yes, they're all that's in the book.
Felix: We've got an elderly couple there...
Chris: Interesting.
Felix: Why would he have a picture of an elderly couple?
Chris: They look familiar...
Felix: Do they?
Chris: What about the young girl there?
Felix: I'm really not sure.
Chris: But I know the guy in this picture looks familiar, very familiar.
Felix: Which picture is that?
Chris: The largest.
Felix: Hmm, that's intriguing. You recognize him but not the rest? Why would there be a young girl though?
Chris: Aha! Don't you remember my first full day?
Felix: First full day, working for the police? That's years ago, how would I remember!?
Chris: Oh, I didn't mean in that way. Sorry. I mean, well... no. I don't know what I'm talking about, sorry.
Felix: Take your time...
Chris: The time when we went to the brewery, we popped a couple of Santiago's men, and he looks like one of them.
Felix: Members Ian got you to kill, Chris... all for Santiago's benefit.
Chris: Exactly!

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_1d0efbd5

Felix: But why on Alterra has a little girl got to be related to him?
Chris: I don't know, I just don't know...
Felix: Hey, what about this guy... you recognize him?
Chris: Him? Nah.
Felix: Are you sure?
Chris: ...
Felix: Chris?
Chris: Erm... actually Felix. Actually... I do recognize him.
Felix: How?
Chris: It's a long story.
Felix: And? I'm not in a rush, Chris. The operation matters more now Chris. Forget the girls, the booze... I'm inclined in this now.
Chris: Sure you are.
Felix: Don't give me shit like that Chris, you know now isn't the time.
Chris: I'm sorry, Felix. I recognize him, but I don't know where from.
Felix: Ah, ok.

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_fd0efbf2

Bartender: What's this chaps?
Chris: Oh, sorry for making a mess of your table. We'll clear it up.
Bartender: Well, so long as I don't get no more customers, you're alright.
Chris: Oh, thanks for that.
Felix: You're kind.
Bartender: Struggling to realise who the guy was? Let me have a quick look.
Chris: Oh, sure. Every little helps.
Bartender: Hmm... the face is familiar. Very familiar.
Chris: What?
Bartender: I suppose it wouldn't hurt you too much to have a look up north...
Felix: (Mutters) What's he mean by that?
Chris: (Mutters) I don't know. Never mind. Drinks please, bartender!
Bartender: Sure.

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_bd0efc47

Bartender: There you go.
Chris: Thank you very much.
Felix: Thank you kindly.
Chris: So, fuck the fact we've got half of Sondon after us, we're still the cops, and we run this town.
Felix: Hear, hear.
Chris: If they come after us, we'll come after them... if we end up in circles, we'll continue until they get fed up.
Felix: It's a war.
Chris: The war has started, I guess.
Felix: All because of you, Chris.
Chris: I want what's best for everyone, I want peace. So I raged war. Seeming as Ian is a Blackjack and Isaac's going to come looking for me on his own, and with The Blackjacks facing the Del Bosque gang and them both coming after us, it's not now a war between us and the Ian-Isaac team, but a war between us and everyone else.
Felix: (Sighs) I still don't know why I got involved in this shit in the first place...

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_1d0efc51

Bartender: There something big kicking off?
Chris: Oh, don't worry. You don't need to worry. If things got THAT bad, we'd give you warning.
Felix: Just border up your doors and windows, lock everything up and pop the kettle on and not worry about the outside world.
Chris: FELIX! It's still safe, don't worry. I will keep my promise, if everything hasty comes about, we'll tell you. We'll tell everyone. The safety of this city is in our hands now.
Bartender: Thanks, detectives.
Chris: No worry.

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_1d0efc5a

Chris: Come on, I'd like to propose a toast to the Sondon Metropolitan Police and its future!
Felix: To the Sondon Met and its future!

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_bd0efc64

Felix: Now, if you don't mind... seeming as we're done here... I may as well get off.
Chris: Thanks for the support, Felix. I really appreciate it.
Felix: No problem. See you.
Chris: Bye.

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_dd0efc88

Chris: Why's he keep going all of a sudden? I remember it happened before I was even in prison... something isn't right.

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_fd0eff57

12.04AM

Chris: Hello, who's this?

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_bd0eff4c

Chris: Yeah, I'm sorry I'm not back. Don't worry. There might be times like these when I don't return. I know you'll worry Victor but... if it makes you feel better... I'll give you a call. You only need to worry when I don't call anytime before midnight. It's... it's Isaac. Look, it's a long story. I'm really tired, I'd like to get some sleep but... Ian is a member of The Blackjacks. I know, I know. It's a real shock, we'll deal with it tomorrow. Isaac came chasing after me and I lost him and he's going to come looking for me. Better stay at a hotel where he can't find me. I don't reckon he knows I live with you but, I'm just trying to be on the safe side here.

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_fd0eff1e

Chris: I know you want to know more, I've got a book as well... it's got some peoples' faces in it. It all looks very intriguing but very worrying at the same time. No, I'm sorry. I'm tired! I really don't want to tell you now. Look, I'm sorry. Call tomorrow. I'm sorry... I've got to go. I'm in Apton Hill Hotel, I'm in Apton. Outskirts of Sondon. Yeah, he won't find me here. Goodnight.

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_fd0f000c

Chris: The portraits... Felix getting off early. I hate it. I hate it. Yet it is oh so exciting. But I could be a dead man tomorrow. A dead man. And death might not be suitable if I'm ever to get back to 2012.

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_0000002d_9d0f0120

THE FOLLOWING MORNING...

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_7d0f0960

APTON PARK
09.37AM

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_9d0f06a1

Kiefer: Good morning Chris.
Chris: Morning. Everything alright?
Kiefer: Could be better. You?
Chris: We need to talk. (Sighs) Talk seriously.

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_5d0f06ad

Kiefer: Then you might want a fag...
Chris: Yeah, I know I shouldn't but... alright.
Kiefer: Here's a lighter.

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_dd0f06e8

Chris: We'd better sit down, Kiefer.
Kiefer: (Sighs) This better be good, you know... bringing me here first thing in the morning.

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_bd0f08d9

Chris: There's something I found out...
Kiefer: Found out?
Chris: Yeah, on the day of my prison release. Two days ago, Monday.
Kiefer: Ok, what was it?

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_7d0f07cb

Chris: Marion picked me up, Kiefer. Things seemed ok, up until the point when Wayne tied me up and they set the place alight.
Kiefer: They did what?
Chris: They know I'm cops...
Kiefer: If you've came here then to accuse me of telling them then you can get yourself out of here.
Chris: No, Kiefer. It's not like that. Isaac told them. I got out of there, my fellow officers got me out of there just about alive if you think about the smoke that got trapped in my lungs but... Marion spoke to me before he tried to kill me.
Kiefer: What was that about? This better be good.
Chris: When I mentioned your name, I thought Marion was going to do something bad to you.
Kiefer: Oh no, he's not is he!?
Chris: I don't know but... there's something he said that... that I think you should know. I know you've been increasingly more distant and you don't hate him as such but you're on my side I know, which I still don't believe but respect you hugely for that decision...
Kiefer: Yeah, I do. So come on then, spill it.
Chris: (Sighs) Ok. Marion killed Micky, Kiefer.
Kiefer: ...
Chris: Marion killed Micky.
Kiefer: (Exhales) Yeah. Yeah...
Chris: I'm sorry.
Kiefer: Yeah, he did...
Chris: It was Marion's stag night before his and Kat's wedding, he'd just got off the drugs so I hear. He was willing to enter a new phase of his life.
Kiefer: He was.
Chris: Kiefer shot him three times in the head. It was his way of getting back at Kat for the times that she hadn't loved him or had ignored him.
Kiefer: Yes...
Chris: You don't seem so sad, Kiefer. It was a big loss.
Kiefer: What did he say about me?
Chris: He said you were too soft being a family man and all, and that he never gave a fuck about you.
Kiefer: A family man? (Sniggers) He could never bring up a child to be as genious as Florence... he's one sly, selfish, smug, manipulative and absolutely deceiving PRICK! THE FUCKING BASTARD! HE RUINED ME, HE RUINED MICKY... HE RUINED MY LIFE!
Chris: Hey, hey... calm down now.
Kiefer: He's stupid. He's insane.

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_bd0f0826

Chris: Believe me Kiefer, he isn't as stupid as he looks...

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_dd0f0808

Kiefer: How can I calm down when I know that the killer I've been searching for for so many years has been under my nose for the past years? I'm devestated, Chris. That prick killed my most promising boxer and threw all that hard work I'd done for him back in his face.
Chris: You killed men, Kiefer?
Kiefer: That's the thing. I didn't. I couldn't. Not when I was bringing up Florence. No. Her mother died, I had to look after her well. I could never... ever kill a man and walk into the same house as my beautiful daughter. I feel such a prick for working with him now.
Chris: Hey, hey. Don't be like that. You think I haven't made mistakes over the past few months? Big mistakes? Hell, I've got more than enough to be sorry for.
Kiefer: I know it was hard and I'm sorry for you too, after what Marion did to you...
Chris: Hey, I had it coming. I was a cop in a crime ring, it was inevitable. Don't worry, Kiefer. I've got a plan. I'll leave you to yourself, listen... I'm sorry my friend.
Kiefer: Don't be. I'm grateful, Chris.
Chris: Goodbye, Kiefer.
Kiefer: And tell my daughter would you? I don't want to face her with this news...
Chris: I'm off to see her now Kiefer. Don't worry, I will.
Kiefer: Thank you. Bye Chris.
Chris: Bye.

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_7c8496cb_bd0f0eaf

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_7c8496cb_5d0f0e7a

Wayne: I've got that scumbag right where I want him now...!

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_7c8496cb_fd0f0ff6

Florence: Chris!
Chris: Hello honey.
Florence: Come here. I've missed you. You're back!

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_7c8496cb_3d0f1fcf

Florence: So, how is it now you're a free man again?
Chris: It's... better but... still not great.
Florence: Why? Is something the matter?
Chris: Well, what do you think? I've still got a lot of guys coming after me, especially Marion.
Florence: Marion!?
Chris: He nearly killed me, Florence. I may as well tell you everything you have to know. I'm being truthful here with you. Kiefer can't tell you, he's a...
Florence: ...?
Chris: A bit upset...
Florence: W... will I be upset?
Chris: Maybe. I don't know. It's not good though. It started when I got out of prison, Marion was there to pick me up. Things seemed fine until he spoke to me telling me that Isaac told him that I was a cop, things got bad and then he began to speak of your father...
Florence: And?
Chris: Well, he admitted his true feelings about Kiefer. He says he hasn't done much good since having you as a daughter and that now, he really doesn't give a damn.
Florence: Oh no...
Chris: He's a family man, Florence. And a good man. Remind me of how he got involved with him again?
Florence: To search for the killer of Micky with Marion... Marion was stepbrothers with Micky, Marion wanted him to get into boxing, so he did...
Chris: Ok.

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_7c8496cb_7d0f1fe8

Florence: What? I... I... I don't understand Chris. What's up?

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_7c8496cb_1d0f1fef

Chris: I discovered the killer of Micky, Florence.
Florence: Oh...
Chris: I'm sorry. But it was Marion.
Florence: ...
Chris: I'm so sorry. He told me everything. It was his way of getting back at his wife for ignoring him.
Florence: I...I... don't know what to say.
Chris: Neither do I.
Florence: (Snuffles)
Chris: Hey come on... don't cry.
Florence: (Begins to cry) I'm sorry...
Chris: Oh, come here...

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_7c8496cb_fd0f2307

Florence: (Wails) He betrayed us... Chris. The many years we knew him, trust him despite his line of work... and this is how he repays us declaring he never even liked us!
Chris: I know Florence honey, I know. He's a bastard.
Florence: A big bastard...!
Chris: I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.
Florence: (Cries)

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_7c8496cb_bd0f23ab

Chris: I love you, Florence. I love you so much. I won't let him hurt you nor your father.
Florence: You promise?
Chris: I promise.
Florence: Oh... everything is a mess. He was supposed to be tutoring me in being a chef, what am I supposed to do now?
Chris: Don't you worry, you won't need his tutoring no more. He'll be gone soon. Gone from your lives forever.
Florence: But can you promise that?
Chris: ...
Florence: Can you?
Chris: I'm going to do my best.
Florence: (Whimpers) It's not good enough.
Chris: He won't hurt you though, I'll promise you that.
Florence: Do you love me?
Chris: I love you.
Florence: I love you more.
Chris: (Chuckles) Oh, come on. We'll phone Kiefer later, I'm taking you for a night in a hotel. You need a break.
Florence: Oh, that's so kind of you but there's no need to be so kind...
Chris: Look, I insist. You're coming away with me.
Florence: Thank you, Chris.

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_7c8496cb_5d0f23bf

Florence: You know I love you?
Chris: I do, Florence. I love you too. Very much.
Florence: I don't know what I'd do without you.
Chris: Let's get out of here.
Florence: Yeah...

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_7c8496cb_1d0f24ff

The van was gone...

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_7c8496cb_5d0f254c

Florence: Where are we going to?
Chris: The nicest hotel in town. Far from your house.
Florence: How do you know Kiefer will be safe at home?
Chris: He will Florence, I know it.
Florence: How do you know so?
Chris: Kiefer's a man with a good heart, he can deal with whatever comes his way.
Florence: But now you've told me this I'm destined to belief that he will die tonight.
Chris: I got out of jail two days ago, Florence. Not one of those days was he killed.
Florence: Two days ago!? Why didn't you come to see me before Chris!? I'm your girlfriend, surely I should see you before anyone else!?
Chris: Well, I did have Marion to deal with first and foremost, I was pretty rushed off my feet.
Florence: It took you two days?
Chris: Look, I'm making it up to you. I'm taking you to the nicest hotel in town. Look, I'm sorry I couldn't see you earlier. I wasn't in the mood. I need to get things straight in my life. Work things out. Find solutions. I can't do it when you're a distraction.
Florence: Are you saying you don't want me around no more!?
Chris: No, please Florence. Don't jump to conclusions like that. I'm a busy man, Florence. I'm a cop. A detective. There isn't one day of my life when I can't work.
Florence: Unless you're on holiday.
Chris: Florence, please.

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_7c8496cb_9d0f2554

Florence: Oh, ok... I'm sorry for being so annoying.
Chris: You need to put behind the past troubles over these past months and move on together with me, Florence.
Florence: That's what I intend to do, of course.
Chris: Wonderful. Let's go out and enjoy ourselves. I've not had a good time in a long time. You're going to be the one who can change that, I hope.
Florence: Depends by what you have planned!
Chris: No, it depends by what you have in store my darling.
Florence: (Chuckles) Shut up and drive...

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_bd0f2d16

HOTEL TESCAR
6:22PM

Florence: Well, this certainly is very nice.
Chris: Told you didn't I?

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_dd0f2fb4

Chris: So, I guess you don't want to talk about the matter with Marion then...
Florence: Depends how extreme it is. One thing is for definite, I've not came here to weep again.
Chris: I know, Florence. And you won't. But you could always give me a a hand. I'm on my own with this one, a lot of my fellow detectives have either gone corrupt... lost contact, I don't know. There's a few of them left and still loyal to me, but they're not always there.
Florence: Who are they?
Chris: Victor Hobbs, a chap with glasses.
Florence: Oh yeah? You know during the time you were undercover in the Del Bosque gang, you brought along a chap with glasses to Herryland's Park.
Chris: Oh. Yes. How was you there?
Florence: I popped by. I pop by there reguarly.
Chris: Oh, I never knew you were there. Victor never told me.
Florence: Don't worry, I go there most days in the morning to think to myself. I always used to go to Herryland's Park when I was single, I always contemplated with my life... where I could find a boyfriend who would, love me... cherish me. Take care and pride in me. But obviously, that man was you Chris.
Chris: Oh, Florence. I'm touched.
Florence: As always. (Laughs)
Chris: (Laughs) So... what did you speak about?
Florence: I can't remember much, my first idea was that you killed Herbert.
Chris: Oh, no! Definitely not! (Chuckles)
Florence: What a wild idea that one was. You was speaking as though you had killed him, saying that it was all so overwhelming to be there. But then I learnt you were a cop, that soon made sense.
Chris: Then there's Rod Barker... brother of Wayne Barker.
Florence: So Wayne's brother works with you!?
Chris: That's right. High-end cop you probably knew... it was inevitable that he was perhaps working with me. A great promising young detective as they say, about thirty-five years old.
Florence: You're only thirty-seven!
Chris: Oh, I am... that makes me young too.
Florence: I suppose it does!

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_5d0f2fcf

Chris: Then we've got Tanner. Felix Tanner.
Florence: Cool name.
Chris: And quite a cool character too. Can get distracted though, I'll give you that. His behaviour has been a little suspicious recently, mind you. It can't be nothing too serious, although then again... he can get distracted easily.
Florence: I see.
Chris: A lot younger than Rod, about twenty-eight, twenty-nine.
Florence: Still learning obviously?
Chris: Yeah, still a kid I guess. Can hardly see over the steering wheel.
Florence: (Chuckles)
Chris: He tries to be flirtatious, he's very charming... but fails often. Last time he seduced a woman up to the point where she was destined to believe that she'd found her man, and she started stripping in front of him.
Florence: (Chuckles)
Chris: We went to a nightclub a couple of months back, it was quite fun... but this was the time when we was still working undercover. Marion found us at the nightclub with Rod and he wasn't too pleased.
Florence: Oh...
Chris: But Rod was clever, he managed to persuade them to change their look at the situation. He posed as a detective checking the nightclub for drugs... he worked very well there.
Florence: Indeed.
Chris: So, what have you been doing while I was in prison? Apart from the couple of times when you came to visit me?
Florence: Not much if I'm honest. Worrying for you, my head was in a bit of a mess. Not much happened but it wouldn't... not when you weren't around.
Chris: Are you saying whenever I touch something it'll fall apart? (Chuckles)
Florence: (Giggles) No, not at all. It was boring. Although, I did get a bit of tutoring from Marion but... that's a story I'd rather leave untouched.
Chris: Don't worry, we'll get you back on track in no time.
Florence: Thanks. How did you get your sentence shortened then?

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_1d0f2fe4

Chris: Oh, Victor must have persuaded the government or something. My lawyer wasn't great but, he ended up in jail too with me. There was nothing he could do. But I got out after two months instead of six, Victor pleading me to come back because the Metropolitan Police needed me most at that time...

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_9d0f3039

Florence: I see. What had your lawyer done to find himself in prison?
Chris: I don't know, but he pissed off a lot of people. He got all shouty and worked up, but it wasn't enough. The jury wouldn't see sense. Why? Because Ian had told them to vote me guilty in the verdict.
Florence: WHAT!? Ian?
Chris: Ian McPherson, 'Chief' of Police Florence... and for a chief, a corrupt one.
Florence: Corrupt?
Chris: Well, we can safely say, he's not a cop. He's a member of The Blackjacks.
Florence: What on Alterra!? This just gets worse.
Chris: Don't worry, we'll have it sorted. I'm still wondering why he spent so long being a cop when he was there. But he probably wasn't a member in the first place, my guess is when he declared he had cancer, he got a lot of time off. During that period he must have joined up with them and done some jobs. Can't see him doing high-end jobs though, he's getting on a bit in terms of age. But of course, it was genious. With him being Chief, he could control the police, working for The Blackjacks so that nothing was ever done about them.
Florence: You reckon he killed Herbert?
Chris: Oh... you know what? That doesn't sound such a bad thought. Herbert wasn't on the list.
Florence: What list?

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_fd0f301d

Chris: The list of the five prestigious members... they were probably intending on getting rid of him all along.
Florence: Oh my... I don't know what to say.
Chris: I've got it.

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_1d0f3399

Florence: Oh, what a day... it's nice to wind down. Oooh, my ankles are swollen.

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_3d0f3390

Chris: You want me to give you a massage?
Florence: Oh Chris, yes please!
Chris: But it's late, I suppose we're going to bed soon. You intend on going to bed soon?
Florence: Oh yes, together... I'll look forward to it!
Chris: There's something I've been meaning to ask you...
Florence: Ah... you're not going to marry me are you!? (Giggles)
Chris: Well...

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_dd0f3440

Chris: Actually... I was.
Florence: What?
Chris: We've not had it easy. Everything has been kicking off like you said... you and your father was betrayed by Marion, you no longer have them, and all you have is me. And to be honest, all I have is you. So, I'm asking you to make a commitment with me, and move away from Marion... put everything behind.
Florence: (Blushes) I...I...
Chris: Florence, will you marry me?

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_5d0f344a

Florence: Oh... I...
Chris: Oh, I guess not. This was a stupid time. I'm sorry. I ruined the night. Don't worry, I'll sleep in a separate bed.
Florence: No... Chris. NO! I mean... yes! I will! I WILL MARRY YOU! YES!
Chris: OH! FANTASTIC! Come here, I love you so much!
Florence: Aw!

Episode Eleven (11), Part Two (2) Snapshot_dcbaccaf_fd0f348c

A marriage of two is for love that is true. A marriage of two is always something new. A marriage of two happens sometimes out of the blue. A marriage of two is worth it when its due. A marriage of two is a marriage of trust. Many can find themselves lost. It can be an expensive cost. They are only very few who have a clue of when love accrues. A marriage of two is about love making. It is not about money raking. A marriage of two can be bad. A marriage of two can be sad. You should only be glad if a marriage of two is for love that is true.
Luke
Luke

https://vintagehaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down